Monday, January 19, 2015

"Stand on solid ground"


In honor of MLK day, I'm posting this photo of a lovely tree, that reminds me of a poster from my dorm room ( 40 years ago!). The poster showed a massive oak tree and was captioned, "STAND ON SOLID GROUND." I think MLK stood on solid ground when he stated his beliefs and dreams. My college room poster reminded me that it's okay to be yourself and hold firmly to your own beliefs regardless what's in vogue. Change happens when you hold true to your visions.

I had another poster that showed a mossy, green woodland scene that stated, "DREAMERS LIVE FOREVER." MLK was a dreamer; remember the famous line, he uttered? "I have a dream!" His legacy lives on. Don't give up on your dreams that life can be made better by your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment